Sunday, September 6, 2009

Maggy Scraggle Loves the Beautiful Ice-Cream Man

Today I was perusing the Curriculum Collection in my campus library and I came across Maggy Scraggle Loves the Beautiful Ice-Cream Man by Jill McDonald.
This was one of my favourite books as a kid, and I've never seen it for sale anywhere (my copy is possibly lost, or at the very least, tattered.) In addition to the characters having fabulous names that are delicious to say like "Prince Sintypuppa" and "King Jinko", the illustrations are fantastic.






























McDonald, Jill. (1978) Maggy Scraggle Loves the Beautiful Ice-Cream Man, England: Penguin Books Ltd.

1 comment:

  1. I have this book : ) It is a firm favourite. Yes, a bit tatty, and I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

    Just happy to see another fan!

    ReplyDelete